Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A Summer Feeling

May 28, 2008

Before someone else exaggerates my summer story I’ll take the risk and hopefully it ends here. Hopeless romantic as many would say I am I guess I deserve the right to speak my side of the story.

More than a month ago, a friend of mine wrote a blog entitled “A SUMMER FLING”. Obviously, my picture placed as an example, I was sure that she was hitting me right in the face. I found the blog funny actually, but deep inside I was eager to do something to disprove such description. I’m usually challenged by such kind of shaggy dog stories. Yet, as much as I wanted to ‘counterblog’ her writing, the right words and reasons just won’t slip in. I waited for good things, for good signs to eventually take place but it never came. I did not want that special “thing” to end up being called just a summer fling.

(In Dana’s language)
I admit I am not as smooth as others would do it. It would actually take some time to finally get there. Sometimes getting there means someone else has to do it for me. I am not good with this thing, in fact, little do I know on the steps and procedures. All I was sure of was that there was a tingling feeling between the two of us (irregardless if it’s mutual or not). Only a few people knows the real story behind (well my side of the story that is), and some of them were pushing me to go for it, yet most were disproving just the mere thought of it. I was done with that ‘thing’ a long time ago, and I think that’s what makes the story more extraordinary, for a person to in fact change my point of view. Getting there and standing firm on your feelings is not as hard as I would imagine, it’s actually easy, yet the only thing that makes things complicated is when there are other people involved, and if the other party never really gave you a vivid description of what you are and what you should do.

I’m close to giving up…………………

Until one day, unexpectedly, when the night was darker than the usual, a miracle happened. God gave me the sign I’ve been waiting for the longest time. Just when I thought things will now move into progress, I was disenchanted. When God gave me what I asked for, I realized that I don’t want it anymore. I recognized a bigger message from God, that not all things that make you feel good are good for you, or will forever be good for you. In the Cinderella story the shoes was really beautiful and it looks so good, yet it only fits one person. I guess this time that shoe doesn’t fit me, and I may not look good on it either.
I never really thought that there’s such thing as a SUMMER FLING. However, today I feel like compatible to it. Some things are good, but it may not look good on me. This is my summer story, an arguable “SUMMER FLING”, I say not, it was a SUMMER FEELING, a feeling that lasts today.


"FINALLY"

No comments: