Tuesday, April 15, 2008

SMB: In memory of our Cab it Days!

Just now I was trying to go through some old photos from my friendster account. I was planning to delete some old images since I’m starting to feel revolted on the number of photos I’ve been putting on my profile. I don’t usually just put photos on my account; most of them talk about the details of spectacular events. It’s funny though that while I was browsing each photo I cannot hand pick a single photo to delete, I am always reminded by the memory behind it.

Now my plan to fix my profile pictures was totally moving. I smile each time I see a photo of my SMB family. I’m missing the good old times with Sha(Piocx), Abby(Kaps), Rai(Partner), Pai, Viray, Jill and the other major key players from the CAB it days. It’s been awhile now since the last time we’ve gone out as a whole. Everybody’s just too busy with their own agendas now, not to mention a life not—single anymore. I feel a pressure on my chest looking back on how we used to be. I’m missing the feeling of not trying to worry about what will happen next for I know that whatever transpires between all of us, we’ll find a way to have fun. This was the time where confidence was up to beat and taking all the risks was a part of the game. Drinking until we drop on ground zero was a legacy we all went through (OFFICER DOWN-OFFICER DOWN). These people gave me a whole new meaning on how to be young and free, to fall in love without fear and hesitation.

People do come and go, but people called friends give you the best there is. The intensity they give you will always be different from what ordinary people can offer. Their absence soulfully affects a part of you and pushes you to find people who can fill in the gaps. Yet, in the end you disappoint yourself realizing that there will be no other who can stand-in their space.

In my pursuit to revert I ended up wanting more. But wanting more will only take me less of reality. I realized that I don’t have to reinstate my best buddies just to get back to the life I used to have, SMB family is a legacy, and thus, replacing them would only mean creating just another kind.

In memory of the Cab it! Days….
I miss my drinking buddies…..
Till then… and AGAIN! ahaha




No comments: