Friday, October 12, 2007

Anger Management: Patience

“Patience is a Virtue”

Fine. I’ve heard about this like a thousand times, “Patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue” WHAT THE HECK! Do people always have to stick to that Rule? How important is Virtue anyway? Is it more imperative than being honest to ones self?

I wish somebody could tell me that being right is better than being happy.

Generally speaking the echo of patience is vague. Many people say that being patient takes you somewhere you deserve, and the crops of it will shower you with infinite satisfaction. However, does this rule apply when people keeps on ditching you? Is this some kind of a yield for people to become so damn insensitive? A person that is patient enough gives other people the license to chuck him. I robustly deem to the fact that sometimes, or most of the time, a person becomes abusive of the things that are readily available to him/her. Only that, quandary launches when people become subjects of their own virtues. The intensity of one’s insensitivity is subject to befall to the consequences of patience and forgiveness.

Many times I’ve wondered if indeed there is a Dr. Buddy Rydell (Jack Nicholson’s character in Anger Management), wishing and hoping that I can get options or sort off redirection to divert all my antagonisms. I hardly ever lodge grudges against people, and if I did, it won’t even last a day. People hardly gets a NO from me, most of the time it’s either a YES or OKAY! It’s a weakness I am aware of, and it’s something I’ve been really trying to get rid. This is the kind of weakness people grab and take advantage. For the past months I’ve grown mature of the things and people around me. Getting a glimpse of whose who and who’s suppose to. I came to discern that a few people suddenly went off track because it seems I’m no longer that useful to them. Never the less, who cares…. THAT’S WHAT FRIENDS ARE FOR… but YES, that is also where it all hurts. Finding out the people who’s a part of your PRIORITY considers you to be just an OPTION. People say love friends UNCONDITIONALY, which means getting hurt is a part of the whole deal. However, does UNCONDITIONAL LOVE excuse friends from ditching you over and over again, and those who keep on breaking promises and telling lies? Often times the cut is deeper when it’s your friend who unintentionally stabs you from within.
I’ve been hurt a couple of times, I’ve been stabbed and was deprived to breath freely. I’ve been crying louder than a cat’s walk. Moments like this, makes me want to ask for an assurance that PATIENCE is a VIRTUE.

What is this VIRTUE for if deep inside I’m bleeding?
What difference it makes anyway?
Is having that Virtue far more important than having a sense of Euphoria?

à The definition of friendship is yet unrevealed for me. What’s clear is that I know and agree that friendship should always be unconditional. Never the less, I’m still bound for imperfection as all humans do. I love, get hurt, I trust, get betrayed, I’m patient, I get over used, in the end I leap to forgive and forget,,,,,, I leap to forgive and forget. Sooner or later I hope I collide with the genuine implication of patience as a virtue. Perhaps this is a part of my journey, to find out how it is to be human, yearning for perfection yet bound for imperfection.

“Forgive those who offense you seven times, but until Seventy times Seven Times”
Matthew 18.21:
“Whoever counts has not forgiven at all, but is only biding his or her time”
1 Co 13:5


No comments: