Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Sen. Juan Miguel Zubiri

A while ago I've heard over the news that Zubiri already won the 12Th spot for the Senate, good for him. I don't want to pre-judge the winning situation as much as I don't want to spoil Zubiri from celebrating his victory party. Although I'm not sure if that would make me smile. Philippine politics goes back to its old routine, barrio tic. When will be the time that we learn how to be mature politically.

We all know that Zubiri won at the courtesy of the Maguindanao votes. However, the authenticity of those votes are yet to be proved. It sounds confusing that the authorities actually questions Pidol but embraces the miracles of his action. What I'm trying to point out here is that, why investigate the person, then in the long run you show the people that there is nothing controversial at all. If in case you are not aware why I'm bragging this Maguindanao votes to be controversial is because first, it's statistically improbable (12-0? tsss DREAM ON) second, the Maguindanao election officers themselves are claiming that there was indeed foul play, third, the numbers from the official COC's doesn't match with some local returns. fifth, the provincial officer admitted that he lost the COC's (which reminds me, that's not legal); now do the math.I may sound bias and yes now I'm pre-judging the situation, but don't you think that its pretty obvious? Why do they have to include something that seems to be a fraud. Okay. In fairness to Comelec, they are postponing the proclamation of Juan Miguel Zubiri and wait for the oral arguments from the Supreme court. Actually that's the only fair thing I consider.

I'm now trying to question myself, would it make me feel better: if people will like me for who I'm not rather than hating me for the person I really am, or getting high grades out of sucking other people's effort than failing from my own mistakes. Same thing goes with Zubiri, I wonder how he goes to sleep at night thinking that the votes which infact will officially bring him to Senate are questionable? I guess that doesn't matter anymore. It's really funny that sometimes even if you're such a great man, at the midst of crisis you'll suck blood out of nowhere to be able to survive.

Maybe its about time that we should make reforms and changes, we should embrace innovations and offer a helping hand. I am hopeful that someday this government can be efficient and credible.

No comments: